We all want to look good, feel fit and healthy. Some of us may want to jumpstart our fitness regime at the gym. Remember to keep in mind these gym wear dos and don’ts:
- Wear clothes (active wear) that compliment your figure
- Put on white or gray cotton gym socks
- Wear comfortable clothing such as yoga pants, fitted tanks or T-shirts
- Leave the 80s leotards or bodysuits to the 80s
- Avoid streetwear casual tops or jeggings
- Always ask – if someone else is using a machine or equipment
- Put them back – return all weights and equipment back to where they belong
- Be mindful – of your surrounding, care for the people around you
- Keep yourself dry – bring your own towel and use it
- Discreet selfies – do not infringe on someone else’s privacy
- Personal space – respect it
- Try not to hog any workstation – use it and leave. Avoid using your while at the station.
- Limit chitchats – others want solace and to focus on their workout. No one wants to hear loud chatter
#athleisure #activewear #fitness #workout #gym #lookgood #feelgood #slimming #etiquette #comfortable #weights #personal space
By Kitty Barrett, principal consultant & trainer at ImageXchange International. Kit believes that taking care of our personal image can help us look our best, long after we’ve past 50.