Top 6 foods that can help you look good and feel great : Part-3
In order to improve our personal image and to look good, we have to improve the way we feel about ourselves. Therefore, it is crucial that we try to find ways to feel good and be happy.
Let’s do a quick recap and remind ourselves that taking care of our personal image (and professional image, too) is not just about:
- Taking care of our personal grooming
- Wearing the clothes that suit us (based on our body shape, wardrobe personality and personal style and profession)
- Noting the proper dress codes for different occasions
- Choosing best colours to wear (based on our natural colourings, ie skin, eyes and hair colour)
- Minding our language, social manners and etiquette for different circumstances and more…
Care for our body
How we present ourselves to everyone on a daily basis has a lot to do with how we take care of our body – our physical and mental wellbeing. What we put into our body (the food that we eat) is just as important as what we put on our body (what we wear).
In this last part, we look at all the yummy snacks that health experts eat for a midday boost to help them Feeeel Gooood!
Green Tea + Handful of walnuts or almonds
Green tea has less caffeine than coffee but like coffee and it helps boost dopamine in the brain. The nutrient density and jolt of the fatty calories that comes with the nuts is great.
Caramel rice crackers + Tea latte
Sometimes, having a little caffeine a long with carbohydrates is a marvelous mood and energy booster. That is why the British afternoon tea makes so much sense.
Hummus + Baby Carrots
When you’re tense, chewing is a real stress reliever. Carrots are crunch and satisfy that sweet craving while hummus is salty and provides the carbs – that’s a wonderful combination!
Water + Apple + Peanut Butter
Hydration is important and if you get a little dehydrated, you will fee the slump. And with the fiber from the apple makes you feel full for longer and the protein in peanut butter prevents a blood-sugar spike, keeping your feeling balanced.
For those who missed Part-1 & Part-2 of this article, read them at: Wanna Look Good – Blog
LET’S BE SOCIABLE! Do you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to share this with your friends via the social media icons on the right.
DO YOU WANT MORE? If you have any questions about how to improve your personal or professional image? Simply subscribe to our newsletter below and enjoy the following:
- Get free email consultation on any one issue regarding personal or professional image that matters to you
- Be updated on new and useful tips or articles that we post
- Celebrate your birthday month with a FREE 1-to-1 consultation (1-hour session)
- Get invited to our public events and workshops
- Free downloads on “Look your Best: Top Tips to Personal Image & Style” and more…
By Kitty Sani Barrett, principal consultant & trainer at ImageXchange. Kit believes that taking care of our personal image can help us look our best, long after we’ve passed 50!